Monday, July 27, 2009

Stuff that I missed before Kaleb was born

I was going through some old pictures and realized that there is a lot of stuff that I forgot to blog about before Kaleb was born. There were so many cute things I had to put them all on, so here's a big one! Jane was a princess for Halloween!
I don't think she quite understood what was going on, but she enjoyed it anyway!
I was trying on her new hat a mittens to make sure they fit and she loved it!
She wore them for about another hour until she got frustrated by not being able to use her fingers.
We put the seat back on the exersaucer for a friends baby and the next day I came around the corner to find that Jane had gotten herself in there and decided it was a great place to sit and watch TV . . .
. . . until she couldn't figure out how to get out of it.

I put the ottoman up there so I could vacuum. I have to idea how he managed to get up there. I guess he's smarter than I give him credit for.

For Thanksgiving we got to go out with all of Tim's family to Shelly's house in Denver. It was a trip we will not soon forget. We had so much fun hanging out and all of the kids had fun playing together. Some of the kids made a little store with items made entirely out of paper. I think they made some pretty decent money. The adults got to go out to a comedy club and dinner which was so much fun! We also went to the aquarium and had lots of fun! But, for how much fun it was, it was equally terrible. About half of everybody there got sick at some point throughout the trip. Tim's mom spent most of Thanksgiving day in bed. Also that day, we couldn't figure out why Jane didn't want to eat anything till that night, she threw up. It was her first time ever throwing up and it was horrible. I instinctuallly put my hands out to catch it, although that did not save the carpet. It just made it so that it was on me too. Meanwhile, while I was holding it, everybody else just sat there and looked at me. I don't think anybody quite new what to do. She kept throwing up threw the night and into the next day, but luckily, it was only about a 24 hour flu, and passed quickly. Then, on the drive home, we got trapped in a horrible snow storm and had to drive so slow! During the drive, Tim got sick and we had to pull over for him for a little bit. Finally when the storm started to clear up, we got stuck behind a horrible accident. A semi had dropped a load of huge metal pipes into oncoming traffic down below. I don't remember exactly, but I think about 8 people died. I was just so glad we weren't in it since it couldn't have happened more than a couple minutes before we got there. Who knows, maybe if we didn't have to pull over for Tim, it could have been us in there. We were stuck on the road for about 2 1/2 hours waiting for them to re-open the road. Jane was going crazy stuck in the back seat and Tim was curled up in any position that might help his stomach feel better. When we finally got moving again, we stopped at the next town and checked into a motel for the night. Luckily, the next morning, Tim felt much better and we had a great drive the rest of the way home. Then, Monday morning, I woke up with the worst pain ever in my stomach and had to call in sick to work. The pain was made even worse by Kaleb kicking in my stomach (since I was pregnant at the time). I hope I never have to feel that again. But, like everybody else, it passed quickly. I didn't get many pictures of the trip, but I did get some good ones of the aquarium!

Fun with Mommy!
And Daddy too!
But mostly having fun playing with the cousins.
Jane loved looking at the fish!

At the end, we got to feed the sting rays. Tim really enjoyed it, me. . .not so much.
Jane's first time playing in the snow! She loved it . . .
. . . until her hands got cold, and then we couldn't get her inside fast enough! But she sure looked cute!
I didn't know Tim had taken these pictures of himself until I uploaded them onto the computer. I thought it was pretty funny, so I had to share, although he might not appreciate it.
Jane found a swim diaper and insisted that I put it on her over her pants. She loved it and wore it most of the day. I'm not sure what she's crying about here. I think she wanted to help Tim, but couldn't.
Santa came for a visit again on Christmas Eve. Jane was a little bit more wary about him this time than last year, but he sure is a nice Santa!
Of course, he brought the kids some great presents!
Jane liked Rachel's present better, but she warmed up to hers.
Christmas morning, Jane had so much fun opening all her presents. Christmas is so much fun with kids and I know it's only going to get better! I love watching her get excited about everything!
The spoils! As my grandpa would say, such a Christmas there never was.
Jane enjoying her presents. A nice to rocking chair, adorable clothes from Uncle Kevin, and nothing beats 2 new toothbrushes.
Brittney took this picture at my mom's house. I'm so lucky to have such a beautiful happy little girl. This was the end to a great year!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

So many great pictures. That one of Tim is pretty funny!