Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Salem Lake

While Tim was on one of his sales calls, he made an amazing discovery: Salem Lake. It's hardly big enough to be called a lake, but it is so awesome! It has ducks to feed, a little sandy area to swim at, play ground fishing water fountain/stream/puddles, lots of grassy area with lots of trees for shade! It's so pretty! So we decided to go with my parents and Kelltie and her kids while they were here. I think the kids favorite part of the whole day was feeding the ducks. This is Jane chasing the duck with her arms out, no bread saying "Here ducky, ducky, ducky!"
All the ducks were very friendly and followed us everywhere. Some of them were a little scary how close they would come up behind you. There were also some big geese that were really pushy and bit the other ducks that tried to take their food. They scared me and Kelltie, so we tried to stay away from them.
I think in this one the duck took the bread out of my hand and I jerked it back really fast.
Camryn and Jane had a lot of fun together! She is so cute!
Tim caught a duck and helped Jane hold it. After that she just wanted to hold it some more. I think this picture is funny because her sunglasses don't fit very well. I think they sit too low on her face because she doesn't have much of a nose.
I thought this video was so funny. Jane would throw her bread and watch to see if any ducks got it and when one ate it then she says "Yes!"
Even more than the ducks, the girls loved splashing in the puddles that they found. The both got soaking wet, but had a blast. It was hard to take them away from it.
We couldn't get Kaleb to look up. Look at the size of those legs!!!
Playing in the water. Not nearly as fun as feeding the ducks, but still fun.
I was able to snatch this picture before my dad knew what was happening. I sure love these guys!
My little man just chillin' with his toys!
I'm sure glad we got to go! It was a lot of fun! Thanks for coming Kelltie!

2 comments:

Kelltie said...

Your most welcome! I'm glad that we came too! It really is a great place and we had a great time!

p.s. "MY water!!!!" lol so funny!

Jennifer said...

So adorable, I love the picture of you and Jane looking at the ducks:) Precious!