Monday, July 19, 2010

5th Anniversary!

Then and now!
I know I'm kind of behind since my anniversary was two month ago, but I still have to post about it because it was awesome! We took our first trip with just the two of us since our honeymoon. Unfortunately, tim was limited since Tim is working and doing school like crazy and we were lucky we even got the 3 days that we got. With limited time, that meant we couldn't travel far if we wanted to have more than one day to play, so, we went to Las Vegas! The first night we got there, we went to see Phantom of the Opera. I wish they let you take pictures because the theater is amazing! The next day we spent a lot of time just walking around and looking in all the shops.


That night we went up to the top of the Stratosphere tower to go on the rides. Only one was open because there was too much wind, but it was still pretty cool. It's the tallest building in Vegas and they said that the tower can sway 2 feet from side to side. The ride we went on held you out over the side of the tower and then dropped you forward like you were falling off. I was the only person screaming and I may have embarrassed Tim, but I still had lots of fun!

After that we went to Freemont Street. I think that is my favorite place in Vegas. It is so fun to walk down the street with all the lights and look at all the street vendors. There was a guy there that will sculpt a little clay model of your face while you wait. The spray paint artists are pretty cool too. We also almost got pummeled by a fight. We were watching these two kids from a little way off and I didn't think they were actually going to do it, just trying to act tough and then the next thing we know, other people came after one of the guys calling him a wuss and they were all falling our way very quickly throwing punches at each other and one barely missed Tim as he was trying to get me out of the way. Later we saw one of the kids with a bloody nose and blood all over his shirt and it looked like he was trying to find another fight. Some people...

When we saw these show girls, I jokingly asked Tim if he wanted to take a picture with them and he sheepishly said he did. I thought the whole thing was so funny.

The light show was amazing! We didn't know about it and were on our way out when it started. I'm so glad we were still there when it started. I can't even explain how cool it was. The one we saw was a Kiss themed show. From the sounds of it, they do a different one every hour, but we didn't stay long enough to see any others.


I can't beleive Tim and I have been married for 5 years. In some respects it seems like the time has gone by so fast, but it also seems like I can't even remember what it was like to not be together. I can't imagine not being with Tim. The last 5 years have been amazing with many life changes. I feel so lucky to have such a hard working mand for my husband. I know that there isn't anything Tim wouldn't do for our family. He is the best I could ask for! I love you honey!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Happy Anniversary! How fun! I was just thinking the other day that Eric and I needed to take a vacation without the kids.... ha maybe in like 5 years:)